Social Media Marketing; a Key Element of Digital Marketing
Dawn of Digital Marketing
Marketing has been around for centuries. Marketing is a way for companies to engage with the audience, telling them what they have to offer in exchange for their money. Traditional Marketing and advertisements include billboards, newspaper appearances, Television broadcasting, flyers, brochures, etc.
Enter the age of the internet, where everything you can ever need is available just a click away. Now, people get immersed in their screens. They are discovering things from around the world that otherwise would not be on their radar.
Traditional marketing is still around the corner, but digital marketing is the top priority, especially when it comes to small businesses that cannot afford the luxury of traditional marketing.
The What and the How of Digital Marketing Plans
Digital marketing is the type of marketing tactic that uses the internet to reach out to the audience. It allows the companies to display their goods and services to the general public in a convenient manner.
In the digital age, everyone connects to the internet. When is the last time someone picked up a newspaper or watched 'regular' cable?
Digital marketing is the new hot thing. Marketers are trying to understand the intricacies of digital marketing. It allows them to draft out a blueprint for others to follow.
Components of Digital marketing divided into six types include:
1. Search Engine Optimization - SEO is the type of content marketing that uses keywords and phrases. It aids the content to become algorithmically favored by the Search Engine Page Results. It is an organic way to come up on top.
2. Pay-Per-Click - PPC is more inlined whit traditional marketing. Many websites place paid ads on provided search engines to get to the top of the Search Engine Page Results.
3. Content Marketing - Content Marketing uses the aid of literature to get on top. Blogs, eBooks, guides, essays, etc., are used to connect with the audience.
4. E-mail Marketing - As the name suggests, e-mail marketing uses the help of e-mails to reach out to their audience. Companies can send their audience all the details, various promotional offers, and so on, using their e-mail address.
5. Mobile Marketing - Mobile marketing targets the audience's texts and messages. Companies personally text them to let the audience know what they have to offer.
6. Social Media Marketing - Social media marketing uses the power of social media by building brand awareness.
These six components of digital strategy are their separate entities. When they are combined, companies can produce effective marketing for their brand.
A Deep Dive into the world of Social Media Marketing
As discussed above, social media marketing uses social media sites to divert the audience's attention towards their services and products.
Importance of Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is a vital element inside the mechanics of online marketing strategies. If done correctly, social media can prove itself to be a powerful medium to promote brands and products.
There are several key benefits that you can develop via social media marketing. These include:
1. Growth of brand awareness - Companies can establish a core brand aesthetic using social media. You can generate unique features that separate your brand from your competitors.
2. Initiates conversations around the brand - Get people talking. The audience is keen to interact when the brand provides a chance. When your social media presence is unique, people tend to engage more. Brands who mesh in storytelling in their narratives tend to get more reactions.
3. Direct Engagement with the Audience - It is so important to interact with the audience. Engagement with audience members has become increasingly convenient via the power of social media. Every comment section is a platform for the audience and customers to express their wants, needs, and complaints.
4. Develops Audience Interest - Engaging with audience members leads to developing interest. Twenty-four (24) percent of people interact with your posts only. Twenty-eight (28) percent of people are more interactive if a company shares their products, plus engages with other people's content. It extends to an incredible forty-eight (48) percent interaction when you engage with others.
5. Enhances Customer Feedback - Things can slip through the cracks. Not all customers voice their concerns directly to the company; they are likely to express their thoughts to the internet. Understanding this is important because if you have an established social media presence, you can easily reach out to the customers to patch up things.
6. Increases Customer Loyalty - Getting in touch with customers gets them to associate positivity with the brand. This positivity turns into customer loyalty. Loyal customers are not only frequent buyers, but they are also free promoters.
7. Increases Traffic - Companies can increase website traffic using their platform. Increasing hype of products, giving links, generating backlinks, promoting blogs, and calling the audience to action inclines them to interact with the website.
8. It helps in understanding the target audience - It's vital to understand who you are selling. Audience members have different ways of interacting with companies. Social media can help you track down their patterns.
9. Getting Analytics - Social media platforms have analytics for every post. It helps you understand what works and what doesn't.
Back to Basics - Social Media Marketing Edition
Social media is not just "Set it and forget it"; it requires tentative care and attention to detail. Social media marketing elements are fundamental to making a successful appearance on the internet.
Components of Social Media Marketing include:
1. Select the Social media platforms to use.
2. Generate the perfect social media profiles.
3. Interact with the influencers and communities of your niche.
4. Upload interactive and eye-catching posts to garner the audience's attention.
5. Develop a schedule for posting and replying.
6. Put up paid promotions on your posts.
1. Select the Social Media Platform
The first element of a social media marketing strategy is to pick a social media platform that matches your company's aspirations. There is a laundry list of social media platforms available to choose from that fit the company.
Currently, the top social media platforms include:
Operating these social media requires skills as they are not similar in any regard. All of these social media platforms are built differently from the others. There are different target demographics of each app, leading to a difference in the target audience approach.
Facebook - Facebook is an online social media platform that became the revolution for other social media platforms. It combines the elements of social media networks with business infrastructure. Facebook caters to every age group but gets used by an older audience.
Facebook provides a variety of options for buying and selling. Companies can set up their pages where they can display their goods and services. There are options to share posts that relate to the company but are not necessarily selling directly.
Instagram - is an image and video-sharing social media platform. Facebook is the owner of this platform, which means that it caters to businesses as well. The core audience of Instagram is late teens, young adults, and adults. The elements social media of this scale holds are intriguing. You can create a profile as a business profile. This profile provides you with exclusive features that allow the users to provide the best services to the customers. Seventy-two percent (72%) of US teens have claimed to use Instagram.
Twitter - is a microblogging social media platform that allows users to share their minds via tweets. From a business standpoint, Twitter helps companies engage with audience members, share tweets, promote products and connect people with their websites.
Snapchat - is a multimedia social media platform. The key feature of Snapchat is that the pictures and videos sent to the users disappear after viewing it. Snapchat provides a browse section where companies can provide promotional content, behind the scenes, and other storytelling opportunities. Sixty-Nine percent (69%) of US teens have claimed to use YouTube.
YouTube - is a microblogging social media platform that allows users to share their minds via tweets. From a business standpoint, Twitter helps companies engage with audience members, share tweets, promote products and connect people with their websites.
Tiktok - is a vertical six-second video sharing platform that has quick, interactive videos. Tiktok caters to the younger audience. Adolescent youth and young adults divulge into the app more than others.
Companies can advertise their goods and services to the young audience in fun and interactive videos that call them to action.
2. Generate the Perfect Social Media Profile
Key elements of social media marketing include setting up a foolproof social media profile. Some specifics attend to the needs of each platform. Now, we will discuss the general points that need consideration while setting up a social media profile.
• User Name - Pick out a username that is uniquely yours and easy to memorize. Drop the extra numbers and dashes, stick to convenient. For example, McDonald's user name is @McDonalds.
• Profile Picture - Ensure that your profile/display picture represents your company (the company's logo). If you operate as a single entity, make sure that you upload your picture. The image should be clear.
• Banners - If there are banners, use them. Display the most relevant event/ item on there.
• Description - Tell your story in summary. Describe your ideas and plan of action in a limited space. It allows the audience to know who you are and what content to expect from you.
• Links - Link your websites and blogs to social media to generate backlinks.
3. Interact With the Influencers And Communities Of Your Niche
If you are selling something, the chances are that there is a community for it. Locate the community and connect with them to appease them. Within these communities, you will find influencers.
Influencers are your gateway to reaching more audience members. Influencers are the key elements of social media marketing. Influencers let the community know about all the good things related to your goods or services.
4. Upload Interactive and Eye-Catching Posts to Garner the Audience's Attention
Social media is a highly competitive platform with a low attention span. Social media marketing key elements include the use of interactive and eye-catching posts.
Sixty-nine percent (69%) of people are more receptive to images. Inclusion of pictures in as many posts a possible is one of the elements of strategic social media marketing. An example of fast-food chains adding eye-catching visuals of their latest food item is a classic digital marketing example.
5. Develop a Schedule for Posting and Replying
A defined timeline will render you away from chaos. Social media demand constant attention. As we discussed before, social media has a short period. Things disappear from people's consciousness in a matter of minutes.
It is wise to post at least three times a week to keep appearances. It also saves you from oversharing, which leads to people getting annoyed. Having dedicated replying days is one of the elements of a social network. It makes sure that no message is left behind.
6. Put Up Paid Promotions on Your Posts
Paid promotions are a feature present on every social media platform. One of the main elements of social media marketing is to reach out to those who are not aware of your brand.
Paid ads allow the users to advertise their content on social media platforms in a convenient price range. Social media platforms use user preference features to reach the target audience easily.
The age of the internet has changed the perception of marketing. Social media marketing is an essential element in digital marketing. Social media marketing includes an intricate process of social trends and understanding the core audience of the niche.
Social media is a fast-paced platform where trends come and go. Companies can use social media to build an identity for the brand. They can engage with their audience to build a core of loyal fans.
Companies can also use social media to reach out to the niche's community and start funneling the unaware people into the audience and eventually paying customers. Social media marketing has potential for businesses of all sizes.