7 REASONS WHY EVERY BUSINESS NEEDS SEO
There is no getting away that digital transformation has eased off marketing to a great degree. Whether you have a fat budget or a highly qualified team, you can still reach out to the target audience without much fuss. It indeed takes a lot of burden off an entrepreneur's shoulders. But since digital medium offers a myriad of marketing alternatives, sometimes businesses have a hard time selecting the right option.
If you are also going through a similar dilemma, we recommend you go with Search Engine Optimization (SEO). The biggest takeaway of SEO is that it applies to every business, regardless of the size or niche. SEO lifts the ranking of a website and brings you right on top of the search engine. Resultantly, a potential consumer is more likely to get introduced to your brand and become a loyal buyer down the road. Doesn't it sound great? But that is just the tip of the iceberg, considering other benefits SEO brings to the table.
Here are some key reasons why SEO is literally inevitable for every business:
1. Boosts Trust And Credibility
Businesses are rampantly occupying the online space. However, we have observed it is difficult for people to readily switch to a new company. So the overwhelming majority of customers stick to the giant companies, and small businesses come to a halt within a few years of their establishment. There are several reasons why people avoid purchasing products and services from a different company, but the lack of trust tops them all.
If you want to leverage new customers, you will have to emerge as a trustworthy business. That is where SEO can win the day for you. Hiring credible SEO services will make sure your website holds sway over the search engine. It will stir up your visibility, and people will gradually become familiar by reading about us page, achievements, and testimonials.
A whopping 75 percent of online visitors do not go past the first page of Google results. Meaning, they trust the search engine to bring the most relevant results while eliminating junk websites. It shows if you storm your way to the top results, people will automatically take you as a credible business.
2. Delivers Long-Term Results
SEO was super easy back in the day. You simply had to stuff keywords and acquire run-of-the-mill backlinks to clinch a respectable standing in the search engine. But things have come a long way now. SEO is a completely different animal compared to its initial days. It has become mandatory to post unique content regularly, develop a solid link-building strategy, optimize visual elements, and take a series of other measures to move the needle. Though the process could take months, it also guarantees your website's ranking will not get replaced overnight.
At times, marketers tap into black-hat SEO to cut the chase. But that is not the way to go about it. In fact, Google has set up strict penalties for websites that indulge in illegal SEO practices. The competition on SEO is pretty intense. As a general estimation, it might take anything between 4-6 months to register notable progress. But the duration could differ depending on the current structure of your website.
3. Enhances User Experience
User experience is an integral part of modern-day SEO. It is because Google wants people to access the required information with little to no heel-dragging. For example, a website with a truckload of awesome content will not do well on the SEO front if it has a cluttered interface.
User experience is a broad term. To give you a better understanding, we are breaking it down into the key components:
• Load time: Web users cannot stand a slow website. According to a credible report, nearly half of the visitors skip a website with more than 2 seconds of load time. Therefore, Google considers it as a major ranking factor. You may speed up the load time by reducing redirects, enabling compression, improving server response time, and minimizing HTTP requests.
• Mobile-friendliness: Mobile devices make up roughly 50 percent of the total web traffic. It pretty much sums up the importance of mobile friendliness. If you have not yet figured out the mobile responsiveness of your website, we would suggest you do it right away.
• URL structure: Have you ever seen a URL that helps you determine what the page is all about? That is exactly how an optimized URL looks like. In other words, an SEO-centric URL always follows an orderly arrangement.
• Headers and menus: Messy headers and menus come out as a massive turn-off during the navigation. They do not go down well as far as the aesthetics are concerned. Besides, disorganized headers and menus hinder the audience from retrieving data.
4. Easy On The Wallet
Every company worth its salt knows the significance of continuous marketing. But it is easier said than done, owing to the limited financial resources. This is particularly true for contemporary companies because they are bearing the brunt of coronavirus. Luckily, SEO does not cost a fortune. SEO is known for providing highly qualified leads, which means you will net more business over time.
It bears worth mentioning that the quality of leads has a lot to do with the integration of the right keywords. Hence, keyword research can make or break it for you. If you do not know how to process keyword research, the following tips will give you enough insight to get started:
• Analyze buyer journey: The current lot of customers do not buy products and services right off the bat. They gather information, compare rates, and then take the final decision. You need to map out this journey and evaluate the possible keywords a customer types in the search engine at each stage.
• Divide keywords into categories: Once you are done enlisting the keywords, split them into three basic categories; long-tail, head, and body keywords.
• Check the nature of competition on keywords: This is the point where you observe the websites that occupy the top slot against your keywords. If these websites are the ones with a huge marketing budget, you are better off not locking horns with them because it will prove to be a time-sink. On the flip side, if a website has relatively poor content, you have the possibility to outrank such a competitor.
5. Diversifies Your Business
Every successful company diversifies itself. Diversification basically refers to stepping into a new market. It acts as a solid backup to save an organization from financial catastrophe during uncertain times. Guess what? You can capitalize on different markets by leveraging nationwide SEO. As the title reflects, nationwide SEO helps you improve ranking in a country where your commodities may be in demand.
6. Multiplies Social Media Followers
Social media has been around for a very long time. But platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram are no longer restricted to casual usage. People utilize them to make smart purchasing decisions. That is why social media marketing has become a buzzword of late. Statistically speaking, 97 percent of marketers channelize social media to meet different marketing objectives. SEO can fuel your social media standing by increasing the number of followers.
Since SEO will mark a significant uptick in website traffic, more people will get to know about your social media accounts. Consequently, your social media followers will rapidly add up. Having said that, you must make your social media button visible enough so that a random visitor can find them with ease.
7. Trouble-Free Tracking
Perhaps the best thing about SEO is that it gives you a transparent aerial view of the campaign. Thus, you can measure the results and make out whether you are heading in the right direction or not. If you sense something fishy, you can always fine-tune it promptly.
Here are some of the core SEO tracking metrics that will be useful in gauging the overall performance:
• Links: Backlinks are critical for SEO. As a matter of fact, marketing veterans state that your entire SEO strategy should revolve around backlinks. But you need to remember that low-quality backlinks will cut no ice. They may positively influence the ranking for the time being, but their impact will fade away rather sooner than later. Use a superior backlinks analysis tool to know the link authority index. The higher the index, the better the ranking.
• Keywords ranking: Determining keywords ranking is not a tough nut to crack. As a common practice, you can type the important keyword in the search engine, and it will show where you stand. If you want to dig deep, you may use a premium tool.
• Domain authority: Domain authority is one of the most talked-about terms among SEO professionals. The domain authority is measured on a scale between 0-100.
• Average session duration: Average session duration is exactly what it sounds like. It indicates how much time an average visitor spends on the site. If people skip the website too soon, it should ring an alarm bell for you. Top-quality content and internal linking can increase the extend the average session duration.
The internet has been on the evolution path ever since its inception. Over the course of years, we witnessed many digital marketing techniques that emerged on the scene and lost their luster as well. But SEO has kept its relevance intact to date. If anything, it is only flexing muscles as time goes by.